About Our Hotel
Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, known locally as the “Caley”, is one of Edinburgh’s most significant landmarks. Standing proudly at the west end of Princes Street, this former Victorian railway building hotel nestles in the shadow of the imposing Edinburgh Castle and its reputation for style and excellence has attracted international visitors and notable personalities for over one hundred years.
Following a $40 million refurbishment in all areas of the hotel, this reputation was reaffirmed and enhanced when the Caley re-opened its doors as a member of Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts.
Admire some of the best views in Edinburgh from our 241 guestrooms and suites. Dine in two award-winning restaurants, created by the Michelin-starred Galvin brothers, The Pompadour by Galvin and Galvin Brasserie de Luxe. Experience the grandeur of Peacock Alley, formerly the station concourse and ticket office. Treat yourself to some of the finest Scottish whiskies at The Caley Bar or simply indulge at Guerlain Spa, the first and only spa of its kind in the UK. Bask in the sanctuary of luxury and relaxation, with a luxurious swimming pool, sauna, steam room, spa bath and a state-of-the-art gym.
Our hotel is one of the most splendid venues Edinburgh has to offer for meetings, events and weddings. Since opening in 1903, we have staged many prestigious events, from extravagant wedding celebrations and star-packed parties to lavish corporate gatherings and grand banquets.
- 2016 UK’s #64 on Hoteliers Hotels Top 100 - The Caterer
- 2016 UK's Luxury Hotel Spa - World Luxury Spa Awards
- 2016 Scottish Hotel Awards – Regional Events Hotel of the Year and Regional Informal Dining of the Year
- 2015 UK's Luxury Business Hotel - World Luxury Hotel Awards
- 2015 Scotland's Leading Business Hotel - World Travel Awards
- 2015 Spa of the Year - Guerlain Spa - Scottish Hotel Awards
- 2015 Three Rosettes - The Pompadour by Galvin
- 2015 Michelin Bib Gourmand - Galvin Brasserie de Luxe
For all Marketing & PR enquiries, please contact:
+44 (0) 131 222 8888